FILVETS CAMPAIGN NOW SHIFTS TO U.S. HOUSE
EMAIL YOUR US REPRESENTATIVE TO CO-SPONSOR HR 760
THE FILIPINO VETERANS EQUITY ACT OF 2007
DO IT NOW!
You all know that the U.S. Senate voted Yes to S.1315 that included the benefits for our Filipino WWII veterans in the bill on April 24. The vote was 96-1 with Senator Vitter (R-LA) voting NO and Senators DeMint (R-SC), McCain (R-AZ) and Obama (D-IL) NOT VOTING. Both Senate and the House approval are needed. The battleground shifts to the US House of Representatives. The US House of Representatives must now pass HR760 - The Filipino Veterans Equity Act of 2007.
I know many of you have never called a politician or anything like that in your life, but you must have an Internet connection to receive this message. IF YOU HAVE NOT CALLED OR FAX, YOU SHOULD EMAIL YOUR US REPRESENTATIVE NOW.
IF YOU HESITATE TO SPEAK TO THEM, EMAIL THEM. Just follow the following steps to send an email message directly to your Congressperson.
Print this page as a guide or copy it in a piece of paper. Each step below is detailed but really easy.
- Open your web browser and go to http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/dbq/officials/
- Enter your zip code and click on GO. You will go to a new page with the list of your elected officials.
- On the bottom of the leftmost column, click on the name of your US Representative.
- You will go to a new page with your Representative's photo and contact information. Click on SEND MESSAGE in blue under the photo.
- You will go to a new page where you will type in and send your message.
- In the subject box, enter: COSPONSOR AND SUPPORT HR760 - FILIPINO VETERANS EQUITY ACT.
- Click on the right arrow on the Issue Area and select VETERANS AFFAIRS in the very end of the list
- In the message box, enter: I AM A VOTER FROM (your home town/city), (your home state). I ASK THAT YOU COSPONSOR AND SUPPORT HR760 - FILIPINO VETERANS EQUITY ACT. (Note: change the message if you want to).
- Type in your name in the Name box.
- Complete Part 2 with your contact information. This is important. It will show to the US Representative that you are indeed from his voting district.
- Make sure the REMEMBER ME box is checked.
- Click the SEND MESSAGE in blue in the bottom. You will get an acknowledgement page that your message has been sent.
- When you have sent your message, help each of your family and friends of voting age to do the same thing.
- Add the web page to your list of FAVORITES so you can use it for follow-up messages later.
That is it. DO IT RIGHT NOW !
Armando 'Doy' Heredia
Natl Exec Dir, NaFFAA
Natl Fed of Filipino American Assns
- the Natl Orgn and Voice of FilAms for Unity & Empowerment